Guanlan International Print Biennial has been successfully organized for 7 times since 2007, which won great support and appreciation from artists across the world. As a cultural brand with international reputation, the Biennial has created a favorable environment for the international communication and the academic exchanges of printmaking around the world. As a permanent exhibition venue, China Printmaking Museum provides a first-class space for the selection and display of the Biennial. For the past two years, our Biennial was interrupted due to the Covid-19 pandemic. During this period, many artists have contacted us inquiring about the biennial news. Now the work of the 8th Guanlan International Print Biennial in 2023 has resumed. We hope that, with the support and participation of artists from all over the world, the 8th China Guanlan International Print Biennial will create more miracles and write a whole new chapter in the history of printmaking.
Name of Biennial: The 8th Guanlan International Print Biennial China 2023 Exhibition Venue: China Printmaking Museum, Guanlan, Shenzhen Exhibition Time: December 2023 – February 2024
Number of Exhibited Works: 200-300 pieces
Deadline for Receiving Works: July 15, 2023
Address for Receiving Works: China Printmaking Museum, No. 125 Yuxin Road, Guanlan Street, Longhua District, Shenzhen 518110, China.
Contacts: Mr. Yang Jianchen +86 13302932268 Mr. Zhao Jiachun +86 13613021365
Telephone: +86-755-32960860, +86-755-29782520 E-mail: [email protected]
Regulations for Participants
1. A specialized application website is constructed to openly solicit works from artists around the world. All applicants are required to register online since April 13, 2023.
2. For international artists, please submit the original pieces of your works created in recent two years. All print techniques are acceptable. Autograph of the author is required on every piece of works, which need not be framed.
3. The image size of submitted works shall be smaller than 120*180cm, but larger than 30*30cm. A set of works consisting of more than one print shall not exceed the range, either.
4. The organizer reserve the right to the long-term publication of submitted works in media and on the Internet.
5. Works should be packed in sturdy tubes or with thick paper boards, and should arrive on time. Late works will not be accepted. (To avoid customs deduction, please do not declare value, and paste ‘Printed Matter, No Commercial Value’ on the surface of the package. )
6. Artists are responsible for the cost of sending their own All the international works will be returned within three months after the conclusion of the Biennial. The organizers will cover the cost of returning works.
7. Some of the devices, three-dimensional objects, digital prints, and over-sized works may not be returned as the situation requires. Artists themselves are free to take responsibility of the delivery and safety of those mentioned above.
8. During the Biennial, the organizers shall be responsible for the safety of the works. In the case of damage caused by force majeure, the organizers shall be free from any liability.
9. The Organizing Committee of the Biennial reserves the final right to the interpretation of all terms of the Biennial.
1. For international applicants, please log on http://biennial.guanlanprints.com/b , and click ‘Apply’.
2. International applicant is required to upload images of their submitted works in JPG (no larger than 4MB) and fill in the information in accordance with the works.
3. For international artists, original pieces of works should arrive at China Printmaking Museum for preliminary selection before the reception deadline.
4. For Foreign artists with Chinese origin, they should apply in accordance with the procedure of international artists, and send the original works to the Museum.
5. For artists from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, they should apply as artists from the mainland of China, and their original pieces are not required for preliminary selection.
Preliminary Selection: Preliminary selection of the works by the Jury Committee of the Biennial will be late July, 2023.
Final Selection: In August, 2023, the exhibiting works and awarded works will be selected by a final selection board formed by both Chinese and international experts.
The Biennial will issue 10 ’Guanlan International Print Prize’. The awarded works will be collected by the organizers. Awarded winners will receive a Collection Certificate, an Award Certificate and collection fee of 50,000 RMB. Artists with works selected for exhibition will receive a Participation Certificate, and a big catalogue of works of the Biennial. The Organizing Committee will invite the award winners to participate in the opening ceremony and academic forum, and cover their costs of traveling and accommodation. The Committee welcomes donation of works, and may collect some.
of the 8th Guanlan International Print Biennial China 2023